CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION
We are now open for dining!
FUTURE RE-OPENING PROCEDURES:
- We will have the same sanitation rules as above.
- Hand sanitation station as you walk in.
- Servers wearing masks
- all customers must wear mask if they are not seated at the table
- Disposable menus only
- Servers wearing new gloves as they bring down your food or drinks
- Servers will sanitize their hands after each cash or credit card transaction.
- All tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
- We will start taking reservation to make sure there are not a lot of people clustered to be seated.
- We will make sure take out customers come in one at a time.
- Our front door will remain open with no doorknob contact.
Welcome to Nicholas Restaurant
Nicholas Restaurant has been owned and managed by the same family since its founding in 1987, prompting the renowned Portland Monthly to dub the Dibe family to be “Portland’s first family of Lebanese cuisine.” In the late 1980s, Nicholas Dibe journeyed from war-torn Lebanon to Portland, Oregon “to open the city’s first Middle Eastern restaurant,” according to the Monthly, and “three decades later, Dibe’s namesake Nicholas Restaurant is a Portland Institution” (Portland Monthly, April 2, 2014).
In 1995, the catering division of Nicholas Restaurant evolved into a culinary success, delighting guests at wedding ceremonies and business meetings throughout the Metropolitan area. The restaurant expanded beyond its original Grand Avenue location to include restaurants on Northeast Broadway and in downtown Gresham.
Starting with fresh food delivered daily to our prep kitchen from local farms when available and including organically grown produce when possible, we combine our traditional recipes with new menu items to satisfy our customers. We are also committed to giving back to our local community through support of nonprofit groups. Until this day, Nicholas Restaurant remains the area’s most popular Middle Eastern restaurant and the most authentic, because we take no shortcuts.